Why Do We Have Guest Services?
The Purpose of Open Arms' Guest Services is to present a warm and hospitable first impression to guests, members, and regular attendees. It is a vital ministry of Open Arms Lutheran Church, helping to build the foundation for the Sunday morning worship experience.
The Guest Services Team is filled with friendly, sincere servant leaders who are intent on helping others for God's glory. Serving on the Guest Services Team is an honor. Our smiles and positive attitudes exemplify our desire to love God as we lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Three Goals of Guest Services Team
We Welcome Guests!
Whether greeting guests with a hand shake, a smile, walking them in under an umbrella when it's raining, handing them a worship folder, or serving them refreshments, the Guest Services Team is always there to make our guests feel welcome. Our guest first impression will be a lasting one, and Open Arms will always hold the door open wide for guests.
We Welcome Members and Regular Attendees!
It's important to let our family and community know we are glad they are with us. We greet them with the same warmth and sincerity we show to our guests.
We Provide Information and Assistance!
Our volunteers know where everything is located, from the nursery to the restrooms, and who is on staff that can help them with questions. Our Welcome Center has a variety of brochures that can offer help and/or answer questions, from meals for seniors to substance abuse and domestic violence help.
What Are My Options?
- Greeter Team: Our greeters stand outside and in the entrance, ready to warmly welcome guests and members alike into our facility.
- Usher Team: Our ushers stand at the entrance to the worship center, ready to provide a worship folder and Bible. Their presence also helps keep people from feeling out of place if they arrive late, and helps to minimize distractions once the service has started.
- Hospitality Team: The Hospitality Team provides and serves refreshments before and after each service (on a rotating basis).
- Welcome Center Team: These volunteers sit at the welcome center, located near the building entrance, ready to provide information and assistance. They can help guests find informational brochures on a wide variety of topics.
Are You Interested In Being A Part Of Our Guest Services Team?
- Read and agree to our greeter/welcome center guidelines. These are simple; common sense approaches to making people feel welcome.
"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty...I would rather be a doorkeeper
in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked"