Young 5’s Weekly News
We will continue with vowels this week and also work on assessments and blending sounds. Parent teacher conferences are the following week. Please sign up if you haven’t already done so.
We have welcomed butterflies into our classroom. We will be learning about insects, metamorphosis, and how to care for the caterpillars, cocoons, and the butterflies. It is very important that each part of the process be handled carefully so that all 5 caterpillars will change to butterflies. The class rule is we can look with our eyes only and our hands must stay off. Please enforce this rule and follow it also. When we go to Nankin Mills we will learn more about insects and what makes an insect an insect.
******If you have any of Open Arms spare clothes that haven’t been returned, please return them soon. We are completely out of pants. If you have clothes at home that you can spare, that would be appreciated also. We are in need of boys and girls pants, boys underwear, and socks. It is your responsibility to keep a spare set of clothes on hand for your son or daughter but we like to have back-ups so we do not need to call you to come from work to take care of such a simple fix. ******- Thank you Mrs. House for donating boys pants!
- Friday, May 20- Nankin Mills Field Trip
- Saturday, May 21-Parent’s Night Out
- Monday, May 30- Center Closed for Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 9- Spring Sing and Graduation 7:30 PM
- Friday, June 10-Center Closed for Teacher In-service
Monday, June 13-Summer Session begins
Wednesdays- chapel @ 9AM
Friday’s - Show and Tell – Bring in an object you can spell- cat, jet, baby, etc. – You will be asked to spell it in class, if your child is struggling to remember write it down for them and they can bring it too.
Sundays- Worship Service at 10AM
Tips for Home:
- Hop from your kitchen to your front door. Count each hop out loud.
- Trace your hand. Make a silly picture out of it.
- Point to and say the first and last letters of each word on a book.
- Play a game outside i.e. tag, leapfrog, racing, basketball, etc.
We will learn this week about how God changed Saul, a man who persecuted Christians to Paul who became a great apostle.
Words we know:
and, the, it, like, big, red, to, play, you, is, in, we, me, see, said, - we will add always this week